At Home Resources:Below I have provided games, printables, and projects to do at home. Please do not hesitate to call me if you have any questions regarding the activities, or if you are interested in anything else from me. If you need more learning material, just shoot me a text via school status!
- MusicPlayOnline Games (username: snow | password: 2020)
- Fat Boy Slim Dance Remix Creator
- Chrome Music Lab
- Young Person's Guide to the Orchestra
- Note Guessing Game
- Note Mysteries
- Three-Note Trainer (Piano practice)
- Simon Says-Music Edition
- Piano Coloring Page
- Color-By-Pitch Treble Clef
- "Dear Basketball" short film follow-along (Youtube link to short film)
- Music Instrument Crossword
Things to see:
- Live Orchestra Recordings
- National Music Museum Virtual Tour
- Nightly Opera Performances (Research the rating before watching) **You can turn on captioning to understand the language!**
Lesson 1: Notes on the staff w/ Accidentals
Hello! Your friendly neighborhood music teacher here! I am a first year teacher here at The Lake, and I can't wait for all the fun things we'll be doing this year in music. I am a graduate of Delta State University with a focus in vocal music. However, I am a very hands-on teacher, so we will be playing lots of instruments! I am so excited to get to know your children this year, and I can't wait to make beautiful music together!
During this time, I will be having virtual school hours, which means if you need to be in contact with me, I will be available from 7:30-3:30 Monday-Friday on school status. If you try to contact me outside of these times, you may not hear back from me until the following Monday, or the next day.
I will also be updating this website weekly with new activities. Please let me know if you have any questions!